To perform custodial duties for Housing Forward to keep our office complex clean and assist with setting up our conference rooms for large presentations and business meetings. The Custodian is responsible for keeping a running inventory of all cleaning supplies and submitting purchasing requests when supplies get low.
- Clean and sanitize all restroom facilities including sinks, toilets and showers; clean mirrors; replenish supplies in the restrooms each day on all floors.
- Sweep and mop support center main room, kitchen, hallways and laundry room.
- Empty waste receptacles in utility closets on all floors, conference rooms, kitchens and support center
- Sweep, mop and/or vacuum conference rooms
- Clean and sanitize conference room tables
- Pick up trash and debris around facility
- Vacuum carpeted stairway, 1st floor and 2nd floor hallway.
- Sweep and mop stairways first and third floor hallways.
- Empty trash receptacle outside our main entrance.
- Install and remove window air conditioning units - seasonal.
- Assembly of any furniture
- Change light bulbs in offices
- Assist with moving furniture, etc.
- Interior repairs and mechanical issues
- Notify management of exterior repairs needed
- Keep an inventory of all cleaning supplies
- Work collaboratively with agency staff.
- Represent the agency in a professional and ethical manner.
- Maintain an active team approach with all staff in all work-related situations
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Qualities & Experiences
Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds, climb stairs and ladder if necessary. Must be able to work evenings.
Hours of Work
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week.
Housing Forward is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stand, walk, walk up and down stairs.