The Case Aide provides support to the Supportive Housing Program focusing primarily on Rapid Rehousing clients and Rapid Rehousing program operations in general.
- Schedule and confirm referrals for Rapid Rehousing group/individual orientation sessions
- Assist with preparation of orientation and housing packets
- Assist with orientation follow-up and completion of Rapid Rehousing application forms.
- Update client information and service transactions in HMIS client database
- Set up and maintain Rapid Rehousing program files
- Assist in the maintenance of housed, approved to search and intake referral lists for the Rapid Rehousing Program
- Prepare and assist with distribution of basic home supplies once clients are housed.
- Assist clients for signing up for SNAP (food stamp) benefits through IDHS on-line system
- Assist eligible clients in obtaining general assistance benefits through respective townships (as demonstrated through their last permanent residency, or residency housed).
- Report any safety or client problems to the assigned Rapid Rehousing case managers
- Attend training and in-services approved by the Supportive Housing Director
- Enter hours on biweekly time sheet and submit to AmeriCorps and Supportive Housing director in a timely manner
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality and treat clients with dignity and respect.
- Flexibility to perform other duties and assist other departments as needed.
- Offsite and community travel may be required for training, outreach, and/or research.
Must be over the age of 21. GED or High School Diploma. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field preferred.
- Skills or experience in the following areas: homeless issues, mental health and substance abuse recognition, and accessing supportive serviced preferred.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Consistent and reliable.
- Applicant must be both team oriented and self-motivated, independent worker.
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Be able to exercise patience and critical thinking skills in stressful situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word.
Hours of Work
Full-time AmeriCorps Member: 1700 hours to be completed within contracted timeframe. Routine schedule is Monday through Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm.
- Living Allowance: $12,530 to be distributed in equal allotments every two weeks within the contract term.
- Education Award: Upon successful completion of the member's term of service, the member will receive an education award from the National Service Trust in the amount of $5,730.
- Health care insurance for the AmeriCorps member
- Child care assistance if applicable